Blue Belle Inn
513 West 4th, St. Ansgar, IA 50472
Fondue feasts for two, murder mysteries, horse-drawn sleigh and surrey rides, concerts, and cooking and wine tasting seminars -- all good reasons to visit the Blue Belle Inn B&B in St. Ansgar, Iowa. But most people come just to relax and pamper themselves with new millennium luxuries in a charming old world setting. Many come to visit St. Ansgar, Iowa, our picturesque little town, known far and wide for its distinctive shops featuring quilting fabrics, country furnishings, crafts, antiques, bridal goods, and teahouse goodies. Others visit our historic Norwegian church, or rent a canoe and float down the Cedar River or bike, golf, hike, hunt, or cross country ski along this area's scenic greenbelt.
Savor storybook hospitality and Victorian whimsy at The Blue Belle Inn or host a kindred spirit gathering at Anne's House of Dreams. Whirlpools for two, fireplaces. Lunch Monday - Saturday, with seating for 60. Plush accommodations for 26. Romantic weddings, cooking seminars, business retreats. Handicap accessible double shower.
FOR RESERVATIONS, CONTACT:
Each of our distinctively decorated guest rooms has a storybook theme to help our guests recapture the romance and relaxation of a bygone era. Periwinkle blue "Heaven to Betsy" from Maud Hart Lovelace's Betsy-Tacy books has cozy, sloped ceilings, skylights, a private Jacuzzi for two, fireplace with gas log, a sofa bed for snuggling or extra guests, cherubic decor and artwork galore. On the Banks of Plum Creek, from Laura Ingalls Wilder "Little House" books, has a round turret alcove, maple floors, Oriental rug, spacious whirlpool, fireplace with gas log, plum and blue highlights and a lighted canopy of grapevine over the bed. Secret Garden, Sherwood Forest, and A Wrinkle in Time are all beautifully decorated, with comfortable queen or king sized beds.
The Blue Belle Inn is open to the public for lunch every Tuesday and Saturday, and dinner every Friday and Saturday night. (Seating for 60.) We're happy to serve dinner to overnight guests any night of the week. Our unique theme dinners include "April in Paris", Oktoberfest", "That's Amore", and "Midsummer Night's Dream" cuisines as well as seasonal favorites like sirloin filet with chardonnay cream sauce and gorgonzola cheese, stuffed pork tenderloin roll, chocolate fantasy cheesecake, and seasoned pork and parmesan stuffed pumpkins.
Our quaint rural surroundings and friendly townsfolk give visitors the opportunity to simply relax or visit vintage homes, gardens and ponds. The Surf Ballroom in Clear Lake, Iowa, and Austin, MN's Spam Jam are nearby if you feel the need to take in some night life. We are 2 hours from the Mall of America and 1 hour from the Amish country and Rochester, MN.
Room Rates: $ 90.00 -- $ 200.00
Number of Suites: 4 Number Rooms: 3
Private Bathrooms: yes
Accepted Payment Methods: Credit Cards, Cash, Personal Checks, Travelers Checks, Money Orders.
Policies: Smoking is not allowed.
Pets cannot be accommodated.
Children are welcome.
Breakfast is included in rate; other meals are available.
Internet access available.
Open all year round.
Directory of B Bs
- Iowa Bed and Breakfasts By Name
- Iowa Bed & Breakfasts By City
- Iowa Bed & Breakfasts By Region
- Associate Members
- Adams Street Bed and Breakfast
- Big Grove Village B&B
- The Big Red Quilt House
- Bloomin' Iris Bed & Breakfast
- The Brass Lantern Bed & Breakfast
- Brown Street Inn
- Butler House on Grand
- Carriage House Bed & Breakfast
- The Carriage House Inn
- Castle Bed & Breakfast
- Country Heritage B & B
- Crescent View B&B
- Cupola Inn B&B
- Dairy Barn B & B
- Deb's Bed and Breakfast
- Designer Inn and Suites
- Die Heimat Country Inn Bed and Breakfast
- Ethel's Gourmet Kitchen Bed and Breakfast
- Four Mounds Inn Bed and Breakfast
- The Gables on Geneseo
- Glidden House Bed and Breakfast
- Green Belt Bed and Breakfast
- The Green Leaf Place Bed and Breakfast
- Guest House Bed and Breakfast
- Hancock House Bed and Breakast
- Hearten Bed and Breakfast
- Heavenly Habitat Bed and Breakfast
- Hotel Greenfield
- Hotel Pattee
- Iowa Country Cabin Bed and Breakfast
- Iowa House Bed and Breakfast
- Klemme House Bed and Breakfast
- Linden House Bed and Breakfast
- Mandolin Inn
- Maple Street Bed and Breakfast
- Marsh House Bed and Breakfast
- McNeill Stone Mansion Bed and Breakfast
- Miss Spenser's Bed and Breakfast
- The 1900 Inn
- One of a Kind Bed and Breakfast
- Our Tara Inn
- Pryor House
- Quiet Walker Lodge
- Richards House Bed and Breakfast
- Riverside Bed and Breakfast
- SF Martin House Bed and Breakfast
- Sisters Inn
- Squiers Manor Bed and Breakfast
- Squirrel's Nest Bed and Breakfast
- Trimble Parker Guest House
- 2325 Grande Ave Homestay
- Two Bears Lodge
- Valkommen House Bed and Breakfast
- Victoria's Vineyard Bed and Breakfast
- White Lions Bed and Breakfast
- Whiterock Resort
- Winborn's Bed and Breakfast
- Woodland Bed and Breakfast
- Yellow Swan Bed and Breakfast