Montebello Bed and Breakfast
3535 S. 530th Avenue, Ames, IA 50010
515-296-2181 or 515-290-3999
An Ames, Iowa, Bed and Breakfast, MonteBello B&B Inn is our lively five-bedroom "hacienda," decorated with original Mexican artwork and folk art. MonteBello B&B evokes a cultured atmosphere suffused with light and vibrant colors. Each room is designed to represent different states in Mexico by incorporating the colors of that state into the decor of the room. In addition to a private bath, each room has vaulted ceilings, a King size bed, and a panoramic view. Walk among wildflowers and around the lake or sit on our terraza (terrace) to relax. It's the perfect destination for an idyllic Mexican vacation.
MonteBello B&B Inn is located just five minutes from Iowa State University Center, the Ames airport, Iowa State University Research Park, and ten minutes from North Grand Mall and Mary Greeley Medical Center. We are a 45-minute drive away from Des Moines International Airport, and a 30-minute drive from the city of Des Moines. MonteBello Inn is 3 hours from Minneapolis, 3 hours from Omaha, 6 hours from Chicago, 4 hours from Kansas City, and 7 hours from St. Louis.
The Latino Cultural Institute of the Midwest, located in the same building, was founded in 2005, with the purpose of fostering a better understanding of the Latino people and culture. For more information, see www.lacim.org .
2013 - INN-Credible Stays Award -- "Best Breakfast"
2012 INN-Credible Stays Award - "Best Hospitality"
2011 "Haverkamp Award" for Outstanding Service to IBBG and the Industry
2011 INN-Credible Stays Award - "Best Hospitality"
2010 INN-Credible Stays Award - "Friendliest Innkeepers"
2009 Bed & Breakfast Innkeepers of the Year - Iowa Lodging Association
Room Rates: $ 115.00-$150.00; Discounts for business travelers.
Number of Rooms: 5
Private Bathrooms: Yes
Accepted Payment Methods: MasterCard, Visa, AMEX, Cash, Personal Checks, Travelers Checks, Money Orders.
· Fresh air, Sunshine, Wide Horizons, Starry Skies
· Refreshing Beverage upon arrival
· Free WiFi
· Flat-screen TVs
· Free use of Laundry Room
· Homemade Breakfast made to order for You and Your Host
· Friendly Staff and many Fine Guests
Smoking is not allowed.
Pets cannot be accommodated.
Check with innkeeper about children.
Breakfast is included in rate.
Shuttle available upon request.
Open all year round.
Directory of B Bs
- Iowa Bed and Breakfasts By Name
- Iowa Bed & Breakfasts By City
- Iowa Bed & Breakfasts By Region
- Associate Members
- Adams Street Bed and Breakfast
- Big Grove Village B&B
- Bloomin' Iris Bed & Breakfast
- Blue Belle Inn
- The Brass Lantern Bed & Breakfast
- Brown Street Inn
- Butler House on Grand
- Carriage House Bed & Breakfast
- Castle Bed & Breakfast
- Country Heritage B & B
- Crescent View B&B
- Cupola Inn B&B
- Dairy Barn B & B
- Deb's Bed and Breakfast
- Designer Inn and Suites
- Die Heimat Country Inn Bed and Breakfast
- Ethel's Gourmet Kitchen Bed and Breakfast
- Four Mounds Inn Bed and Breakfast
- The Gables on Geneseo
- Glidden House Bed and Breakfast
- Green Belt Bed and Breakfast
- The Green Leaf Place Bed and Breakfast
- Guest House Bed and Breakfast
- Hancock House Bed and Breakast
- Hearten Bed and Breakfast
- Heavenly Habitat Bed and Breakfast
- Hotel Greenfield
- Hotel Pattee
- Klemme House Bed and Breakfast
- Mandolin Inn
- Maple Street Bed and Breakfast
- Marsh House Bed and Breakfast
- McNeill Stone Mansion Bed and Breakfast
- Miss Spenser's Bed and Breakfast
- The 1900 Inn
- One of a Kind Bed and Breakfast
- Our Tara Inn
- Pryor House
- Quiet Walker Lodge
- Richards House Bed and Breakfast
- Riverside Bed and Breakfast
- SF Martin House Bed and Breakfast
- Sisters Inn
- Squiers Manor Bed and Breakfast
- Squirrel's Nest Bed and Breakfast
- Trimble Parker Guest House
- 2325 Grande Ave Homestay
- Two Bears Lodge
- Valkommen House Bed and Breakfast
- Victoria's Vineyard Bed and Breakfast
- White Lions Bed and Breakfast
- Whiterock Resort
- Winborn's Bed and Breakfast
- Woodland Bed and Breakfast
- Yellow Swan Bed and Breakfast