The Brass Lantern Bed & Breakfast
2446 Highway 92, Greenfield, IA 50849
641-743-2031 or 888-743-2031
The famous bridges of Madison County are only minutes from this incredible Iowa B&B. Located on 20 beautiful acres, The Brass Lantern Bed and Breakfast features a luxurious guest house with a large, heated indoor pool and spacious poolside guest rooms with private baths, fireplaces, and great amenities. Incredible breakfasts are served on the indoor deck overlooking the pool each morning.
Private, relaxing, and very romantic, The Brass Lantern Bed and Breakfast was selected as "One of America's 50 Favorite Overnight Stays" by Best Fares Magazine.
2011 INN-Credible Stays Award -- "MOST ROMANTIC"
2009 INN-Credible Stays Award -- "MOST PERFECT STAY"
Arrington's 2006 List of Best B&Bs in America for Best Nearby Attractions
Arrington's 2005 List of Best B&Bs in America for Friendliest Staff
Arrington's 2004 List of Best B&Bs in America for Best Breakfast
2001 Bed & Breakfast Innkeepers of the Year - Iowa Lodging Association
2000 Haverkamp Award for Outstanding Service to the Bed & Breakfast Industry
Located Near the Famous Bridges of Madison County
Explore Winterset, Iowa, and the nearby bridges of Madison County, then return to swim and relax in luxurious accommodations at The Brass Lantern B & B. This unusual getaway, located near Greenfield, Iowa, in the lush rolling countryside of southwestern Iowa, features a separate guest house complete with a 40-foot heated indoor pool for year-round pleasure and relaxation.
B & B Guest Rooms Overlook a Beautiful, Indoor Swimming Pool
Each spacious, air-conditioned guest room, tastefully furnished with your comfort in mind, includes a queen bed with luxury linens, sitting area with sofa and easy chairs, telephone, fireplace, color TV, HBO, VCR, DVD and stereo, and a private bath with spa tubs, luxury toiletries and linens. WIFI internet is available throughout the house. Guest rooms open onto an indoor deck overlooking the swimming pool.
Indoor Deck Provides Entertainment Area for Bed and Breakfast Guests
Sliding glass doors from guest rooms open onto a large, well-appointed deck, which overlooks the heated pool and provides a dIndoor deck overlooking swimming poolining and entertainment area with comfortable wicker furniture, color TV, VCR, DVD and stereo CD player. An adjoining, fully-furnished kitchenette includes a beverage- stocked refrigerator and filled cookie jar.
Breakfast is Served Poolside Every Morning
Next door on the acreage, the 1918 antique-filled farm home provides a pleasant library for browsing, a large and comfortable gathering room and an elegant dining room, where guests staying at the Brass Lantern Bed & Breakfast Inn are served a gourmet breakfast featuring house specialties.
Outdoor garden patio
Garden Patio Provides Inn Guests a Private Place for Sunbathing, Stargazing, and Romance
Perfect for a romantic getaway, a relaxing retreat, or a family vacation, and located 1.5 miles east of Greenfield, Iowa, on State Highway 92, The Brass Lantern Bed and Breakfast is just 12 minutes from Interstate 80, 20 minutes from Winterset, IA, 60 minutes from Des Moines, IA, 90 minutes from Omaha, NE, and 180 minutes from Kansas City. Advance reservations are required.
Attractions Include Antique Shops, Museums, Challenging Golf, Covered Bridges, Historic Wedding Chapel
B&B guests may enjoy excellent golfing, fishing, shopping, stargazing, and breathtaking sunsets! Nearby attractions include the famous "Covered Bridges of Madison County", the "Covered Bridges" movie locations, John Wayne's birthplace museum, the much-heralded "Patriotic Rock" (aka "Freedom Rock"), antique car and airplane museums, a 26-acre dried flower farm, the Henry A. Wallace homestead and native wildflower and prairie preserve, numerous antique shops, tea rooms, a number of very good restaurants, and a beautifully restored, century-old church, now used as a Wedding Chapel for couples desiring to create their own "special place in history" by marrying there.
Honeymoon Packages (First and Second), Wedding (and Vow Renewal) Ceremonies, Whole House Rental and Gift Certificates are available. Wedding Officiant (Innkeeper) on premises. Call or e-mail for information.
Room Rates: $ 140.00 -- $ 150.00*
Number of Rooms: 2 (plus 1 additional room*)
Private Bathrooms: 2
Accepted Payment Methods: Cash, Personal Checks, Travelers Checks, Money Orders
50% advance deposit required to guarantee reservation.
Pets cannot be accommodated.
Check with innkeeper about children.
Breakfast is included in rate; other meals are not available.
Open all year round.
*See www.brasslantern.com for details.
See www.myiowawedding.com for wedding information.
Directory of B Bs
- Iowa Bed and Breakfasts By Name
- Iowa Bed & Breakfasts By City
- Iowa Bed & Breakfasts By Region
- Associate Members
- Adams Street Bed and Breakfast
- Adams Street Country Lodge
- Anderson Manor Bed and Breakfast
- Bailey Farms B&B Barn
- Big Grove Village B&B
- The Big Red Quilt House
- Bloomin' Iris Bed & Breakfast
- Blue Belle Inn
- Brown Street Inn
- Butler House on Grand
- Carriage House Bed & Breakfast
- The Carriage House Bed and Breakfast
- The Carriage House Inn
- Castle Bed & Breakfast
- Country Heritage B & B
- Crescent View B&B
- Cupola Inn B&B
- Dairy Barn B & B
- Deb's Bed and Breakfast
- Designer Inn and Suites
- Die Heimat Country Inn Bed and Breakfast
- The Elkader Bed & Breakfast
- Ethel's Gourmet Kitchen Bed and Breakfast
- Four Mounds Inn Bed and Breakfast
- Glidden House Bed and Breakfast
- Green Belt Bed and Breakfast
- The Green Leaf Place Bed and Breakfast
- Guest House Bed and Breakfast
- Hammond House Bed and Breakast
- Hancock House Bed and Breakast
- Harriet K's Cottage Bed and Breakfast
- Hearten Bed and Breakfast
- Heavenly Habitat Bed and Breakfast
- Hotel Greenfield
- Hotel Pattee
- Iowa Country Cabin Bed and Breakfast
- Iowa House Bed and Breakfast
- Judge Conner's Bed and Breakfast
- Klemme House Bed and Breakfast
- Linden House Bed and Breakfast
- Mandolin Inn
- Maple Street Bed and Breakfast
- Marsh House Bed and Breakfast
- McNeill Stone Mansion Bed and Breakfast
- Miss Spenser's Bed and Breakfast
- The 1900 Inn
- One of a Kind Bed and Breakfast
- Our Tara Inn
- Pryor House
- Quiet Walker Lodge
- Richards House Bed and Breakfast
- Riverside Bed and Breakfast
- Rukmapura Park Bed and Breakfast
- SF Martin House Bed and Breakfast
- Sisters Inn
- Smith's Bed and Breakfast
- Spaulding Inn
- Squiers Manor Bed and Breakfast
- Squirrel's Nest Bed and Breakfast
- Trimble Parker Guest House
- 2325 Grande Ave Homestay
- Two Bears Lodge
- Valkommen House Bed and Breakfast
- Victoria's Vineyard Bed and Breakfast
- White Lions Bed and Breakfast
- Whiterock Resort
- Winborn's Bed and Breakfast
- Woodland Bed and Breakfast
- Yellow Swan Bed and Breakfast